CME - About
The Islamic Medical Association of North America (IMANA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) as a provider of continuing medical education. The ACCME employs a rigorous, multilevel process for evaluating institutions’ continuing medical education programs according to the high accreditation standards adopted by all seven ACCME member organizations. These organizations, which represent the profession of medicine, are: the American Board of Medical Specialties, the American Hospital Association, the American Medical Association, the Association for Hospital Medical Education, the Association of American Medical Colleges, the Council of Medical Specialty Societies, and the Federation of State Medical Boards of the US Inc. You can learn more about the ACCME by visiting their website at http://www.accme.org.
IMANA offers live CME activities, including courses, conferences, and workshops, taking place at a specified date, time and location. IMANA’s long-standing commitment to offering quality continuing medical education for physicians and healthcare professionals supports our mission to optimize patient care. To this end, our programs are designed to engage learners in interactive learning sessions; provide the most up-to-date information and strategies; and develop or enhance skills that may be applied in clinical practice, research, or teaching.
Ayaz Samadani, MD
– CME Chair –
The Islamic Medical Association of North America (IMANA) Continuing Medical Education Program aims to provide educational opportunities for physicians, dentists and allied health professionals on healthcare and clinical issues to comply with the emerging standards of evidence-based medicine to improve patient outcomes.
Through such quality educational activities IMANA aims to enhance competence and performance of its membership for compassionate, and cost-effective patient care; community and global health issues; and use of outcome based clinical practices.
The purpose of the IMANA Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) is to collaborate with IMANA members to identify educational needs and to design, implement, evaluate and document educational conferences and initiatives. IMANA CME’s core services include:
- Certifying learning activities for physicians that meet Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Essentials, Criteria and Standards for Commercial Support.
- Tracking credit for physicians and other healthcare providers who attend IMANA CME-certified activities.
Types of Activities
Types of activities include: regional, national, international symposia and conferences. The scope of these activities involves the body of knowledge and skills generally recognized and accepted by the profession as within the basic medical sciences, the discipline of clinical medicine, and the provision of healthcare to the public.
The Expected Results
- Assist physicians and healthcare professionals in maintaining and gaining competency, and improving performance in order to become better able to provide higher quality care, and to enhance the health status of the population.
- Assist in the dissemination of new medical knowledge.
- Assist in the maintenance of professional certification and licensure.
- Collaborate across the continuum of medical education.
- Collaborate on the design of interdisciplinary educational strategies to improve patient safety and to facilitate patient-centered care.
- Contribute to the CME profession through service, education, leadership training, and research.
- Enhance clinician leadership within the IMANA Membership.
- Enhance the quality of the educational process through consultation and documented compliance with accreditation standards/criteria.
- Link the American Board of Medical Specialties competencies (patient care, medical knowledge, practice-based learning and improvement, interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism, and systems-based practice) and/or Institute of Medicine competencies (provide patient-centered care, apply quality improvement, utilize informatics, work in interdisciplinary teams, employ evidence-based practice) activities of IMANA.
- Optimize appropriate prescribing behaviors.
- Promote the practice of evidence-based medicine.
- Improve the health and health awareness of the many communities that we serve.
- Develop and present activities in a manner that is culturally competent.
- Health Care providers deliver compassionate and cost-effective care.
IMANA offers live CME activities, including courses, conferences, and workshops. Our programs are designed to engage learners in interactive learning sessions, provide the most up-to-date information and strategies, and develop or enhance skills that may be applied in clinical practice, research, or teaching.
Our students and residents committee is dedicated to representing medical students, providing a forum for students to communicate with each other and IMANA physicians to shape the future of medicine. At a local level, IMANA student members participate in local community clinics, volunteer in international relief missions with IMANA Medical Relief and opportunities to enhance their medical school experience.
Climate Crisis Initiative
The climate crisis is the largest public health emergency in human history. Overconsumption, largely driven by the wealthiest nations, is responsible for shifting ecosystems and the warming of our planet. As medical professionals inspired by our Islamic faith, we seek to address the threats faced by millions as a result of climate change.
In expression of our beliefs, IMANA’s Endowment Fund will now be supporting grants in the following categories:
IMANA Financial Services
IMANA endeavors to provide its members with tools to assist them in effectively managing their practices and wealth. Through the depth and breadth of our organization, we are able to attain these services for our members at substantial discounts. We provide services for 401k, Cash Balance Plans, and Health Savings Plans.
IMANA will be providing scholarships for eligible students in the following categories:
- Medical School Scholarship
- Dentistry School Scholarship
- Pharmacy School Scholarship
- Health care / Allied Health Field’s Scholarship
Benefitting from aid
Emergency Medical Response Teams
INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED AS A WORLD LEADER IN DELIVERING HEALTH CARE
Have a question? Get in touch.
Illinios: 101 W. 22nd Street Suite 106, Lombard IL, 60148
Virginia: 9681 Main Street, Suite B, Fairfax, VA 22031
IMANA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations to IMANA and IMANA Medical Relief are tax exempt. Tax ID: #36-4166125