Pakistan Nutrition Project
Sustainable Pediatric Nutrition Project
IMANA is launching a pilot ‘Sustainable Pediatric Nutrition Project’ in Pakistan. The project aims to work with local communities in northern Sindh to decrease the prevalence of pediatric malnutrition by treating acutely malnourished children, preventing future malnourishment of children, and addressing the socio-economic and rights-based roots of malnutrition. We will approach problems and create solutions by focusing on sustainability, community partnership, evidence-based provision of care, robust record keeping and data collection, and child rights.
To help build this project from the ground up, we are looking for volunteers with the following:
- Background in medicine, nursing, nutrition, and/or public health (preferably focused on Pediatric/Child health)
- Passion and interest in global health, specifically in Pakistan
There will be no requirement to travel but, at a later stage, there may be such an opportunity.
Our project leads will get in touch with you once you register to assess your suitability and assign you to one of the various teams that will be formed:
- Community Partnership and Engagement
- Nutrition and Malnutrition Assessment
- Capacity and Community Building
- Active case finding, TSFP, and OTP
- Technology Innovation
- Child Rights